We hosted our first Munny show in 2006, bringing our love of the D-I-Y art toy movement to Detroit. Thanks to the many artists who have contributed to our past shows, we've had hundreds of amazing submissions by both established and first-time artists.
Munny shows at LIFT are always free to enter and open to everyone from first time to experienced artists. We want everyone to have a chance to have their artwork on display in a gallery setting. So whatever your age, zip code and experience level, we invite you to join the show.
1. Pre-Register This helps us to prepare for the show and ensure that all artists are credited on the website. Please click on the link below and submit your information as soon as possible.
2. Buy a Munny During June, you may purchase a standard sized Munny at the special price of $15 or 2/$25 (regularly $25.00each ). Mini Munnys are $10. You may purchase in store or by phone at 248-545-5245
3. Design your Munny Remember that this is a MUNNY show so if you want to include something on a non-Munny platform please check with us in advance. We may approve the piece but it won't be eligible for prizes. You may submit any size Munny (mini, standard or mega). Remember to sign your piece (most artists sign on the bottom of a foot).
4. Complete an artist contract Please review this for important information about the rules of the show. It's in Word format so you can type or handwrite the contract. Remember that we need your contract with your submission or your piece will not be displayed. You can also send it sooner by fax, email or mail.
5. Submit your Munny Either drop it off in person or ship to us. Remember to ship so that it arrives on or before July 26th. If you can't make this date, you must contact us before the deadline for permission to submit late.
OPTIONAL: Email photo shoots of your creation. We'll use these on the website. Otherwise, we'll take rather plain and dull (but fully functional) photos of your piece.
Email Us About the Show
The following awards will be presented:
Munny Design $50 Gift Card +
invitation to a future LIFT art show
Best Teen Munny (by artist 13-18 years old) $25 Gift Card
Best Youth Munny (by artist under 13 years old) $25 Gift Card
Crowd Favorite $50 Gift Card - voted on by store visitors through August 15, 2010
1. To be eligible for prizes, Munnys must be for sale and have never been displayed in a public forum or gallery. It is okay to submit photos of your piece to the current Kidrobot contest.
2. Each artist may submit 1 Munny to the exhibit. Mini, Standard and Mega Munnys are all acceptable. Additional Munnys may be submitted with the permission of LIFT.
1. All prizes will be given in the form of store credit / gift cards to be used on any in-stock merchandise.
2. Each artist may only win a single category.